Sunday, September 23, 2007

Review Homostupids - The Intern LP

I remember first hearing about these guys a few years back. The name was pretty rad, but at the time I believe they were only playing shows in Ohio. They maybe had a demo of some sort, but I never heard it. After finally getting my hands on their first 7" on Richie Records, I was completely floored. The new LP on Unknown Parts is a basically everything great about your favorite Killed by Death comp. The songs are extremely catchy and are noisey without sounding overbearing. Songs like Fish Boys and Sixths are great examples of how lo-fi punk should be done. While this sounds like this was recorded in someones basement, it doesn't come off as some shtick. The songs are urgent, and with a lot of music not just punk, that's something hard to archive. Oh and they have some new 7" out, yeah just like they said, good luck finding it shits.

Homostupids myspace

Parts unknown records

No comments: