Friday, February 1, 2008

DNA in the DNA is on tonight! Other stuff

DNA in the DNA is on tonight, new season if you will, on 6pm to 8pm est! 88.1 fm if you're in the DC area, www.wmucradio.com if you're anywhere else.




Here at DNA in the DNA we have been jamming on the new-ish Natalie Rose Lebrecht called Warraw. It's hard for me to describe it. It would be really easy for me to say it's like acid folk. I would go to say it is a bit more "drone-y" than that. Also you can take out the folk really, so that term is pretty useless to describe this record. It lends it self more to a lot of space. The songs don't have a lot going on but for her, thats a good thing. Her vocals really soar. Shes able to create these really haunting harmonies, combine that with the fact the songs may only consist of drums and one guitar still blows my mind even though that's really nothing new. I would compare this to QUIX*O*TIC as it kind of has the same tone. Where as QUIX*O*TIC was a band effort for sure. This really does sound like something where the ideas came from one person, or one place. A lot of it reminds me of some of the later Death in June stuff as well, which I can't get enough of. It's only out in Japan and Germany right now, sucks. Although I did read 100 copies were made with handmade artwork, good luck finding that! Find out more about her Here

No comments: