Thursday, January 24, 2008

Hayden


I really cannot say enough great things about this LP. Wow comes to mind, not because it's a wow type record (it is...not his best, but damn good!) but cause Hayden is always so consistent. It's pretty rare that someone makes killer records EVERYTIME. "More Than Alive" could be the most heartbreaking songs Hayden has ever written, on the other hand "The Van Song" could be the catchiest. I'm not really sure why he isn't bigger in the USA. I've tried to turn people onto him who like sappy sad bastard music, but all those dashboard types just write him off. I guess I really should give Hayden more credit than that but I always think "man if they get into him they could get into Neil Young, Jackson C Frank, John Fahey, Jack Rose...ok ok I admit those last two are a stretch, but still! Anyways "In Field and Town" really does sound like Hayden trying to do his own After the Gold Rush, and he does it well. Lots of piano, although I must admit I do miss the more acoustic songs, but hey man it's Hayden, sit back think of sad shit and enjoy..you're in for a sad ass ride!

No comments: